The wine offers aromas of black plum with enticing notes of vanilla and spice. The fruit is intense with exceptional color and freshness. On the palate, it is velvety with excellent acidity and a long-lasting finish. Classic dark berry and plum flavors expected in Merlot persist with a slightly higher acidity than it’s warmer Californian cousins. This Merlot shows a propensity for balance better than most. A slight hint of vanilla, with a solid backbone of structure, makes this a perfect reconnection with Washington State’s unsung Merlot expressions. 25% New French Oak, the remaining 75% in neutral barrels.
FOOD PAIRING: Delicious with smoked meats or lamb Osso Bucco.
COMPOSITION: 100% Merlot
APPELLATION: Columbia Valley, Washington
ART: The label is a replica of a mural by artists Victor Melendez and Shogo Ota with Urban Artworks located in downtown Seattle. This non-profit brings talented artists from around the globe together with under-served youth groups to create street art and beautify their city!